Hello, and welcome to 2011! It’s amazing how time speeds by anymore, but I’m excited for this new year and all it could bring.
In one week from now, I will be getting married. It’s been a crazy adventure, and we can’t wait to celebrate with our friends and family — and then to depart for our weeklong Caribbean honeymoon.
While my column will be on a brief hiatus, I’ve scheduled a few posts on here to keep you sated, I hope. The Weekend Roundup and weekly giveaways will resume at the end of January for the new year, and you’re likely to see a big wedding recap at some point.
In the meantime, don’t forget to check out my list of Local Bloggers. And, if you started a blog as part of your New Year’s Resolutions, please send me your url, and I’ll add it to the listing.
If you resolved to try some new local establishments this year, you can find something new to you on my Restaurants page.
The “Links” page features local businesses and groups of interest. If yours isn’t listed, e-mail me!
Click through for some other ideas to keep you busy:
- Debate the merits of pronunciation – “Twenty-eleven” or “Two thousand and eleven”? (I vote for the former.)
- Review the top-read stories of 2010 on PennLive.com
- One of my New Year’s resolutions is to make this candied citrus peel.
- I need another scarf like I need a hole in my head, but if I was independently wealthy, I’d buy myself one of these.
- Need to spice up your Bloody Mary recipe? Give this wasabi-infused version a try (and then make one for me).
- Here are 10 Ways to work off a hot chocolate.
- Test your knowledge of Pennsylvania 67 counties.
- Still Tasty teaches you when it’s time to throw out those leftovers or unused vegetables.
- How cool would it be to have custom wallpaper?
- One of my longest friends turned me on to Young House Love, an inspired blog by married couple and DIY-masters, Sherry & John. It’s fun to see their projects and learn tips and tricks for your own projects (plus giveaways!).
- Did you know that Urban Outfitters sells quirky art prints? They’re pretty cool (and affordable) – I have a few on my “wish” list.
- Another for the wish list: state dish towels. I wanted to get these for a few people this Christmas, but Pennsylvania was out of stock. They’re back in now.
Please share and enjoy — I’ll be back in a few weeks!