I'm covering this in my Patriot-News column this Friday with a bit more detail, so be sure to check that out. In the meantime, here is a list of the bars that are open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day this year (will update as I get more info).
- Brewhouse Grille – until 2 a.m.
- Fenicci's of Hershey – until midnight
- Arooga's 22 (only) – until 2 a.m.
- Flinchy's – until 2 a.m. (kitchen closes at 4 p.m.)
- Brick Haus – until 2 a.m.
- Coakley's – until 2 a.m.
Not open late night 12/24, but worth a stop:
- The Cellar is serving dinner until 8 p.m.
- Brass Rail Beverage & Deli is open until 6 p.m. – get some micros for the family!
- ABC Harrrisburg and Camp Hill locations open until 8 p.m.
- Lancaster Brewing Company Harrisburg is open from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Stop in for last minute gift cards, growlers and 6ers.
- Rillo's open 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. – reservations strongly suggested.
- Gilligan's open until 8 p.m.
- South Philly Hoagies open 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Get any large hoagie – hot or cold – for $11.
- All Arooga's locations (except 22) open until 8:30 p.m. to later (varies by location).
- Mount Hill Tavern is serving a Christmas Eve menu from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.