As I’ve gotten older I’ve noticed the toys and other tech gadgets on my wish list being replaced by more useful everyday items. A prime example is that my list thus far consists of new floor mats for my car. That’s it.
Small items that someone can use every day are often one of the best ways to go when searching for that perfect gift. This list will help put you on the right track to finding the most practical and useful gifts no matter who is on your list this holiday season.
Insulated water bottle
Plastic water bottles create clutter on your desk and can warm up — especially when you’re in the office with the heat blaring during the winter months.
These insulated bottles contain more volume than disposable water bottles and keep your water cold for hours. I fill mine up with cold water before bed, and it still is chilled in the morning.
Bottles can run from expensive to more economical.
- King Do Way $15: I bought this one and while it doesn’t have the volume of others, it still holds 17 ounces and keeps the water cold for hours. They also come in a variety of colors and styles to add personality.
- S’Well $25-65 : S’Well is one of the most popular brands on the market, but it comes with a price. S’well has a few more options when it comes to style and are available in a variety of sizes.
- Hydro Flask $20-60: You might have seen these growlers circulating through local breweries, but they also make great everyday options along with the 64 oz.
Personal coffee mug
No, not something with their name on it, rather a themed mug.
The Boss Lady got me this awesome “Who’s Your Daddy” Darth Vader mug, and I use it every morning. So whether it’s Star Wars, a favorite team or even a motivational message, there is something for everyone.
It’s something they will be assured to use almost every morning or possibly at night if they are classy and like wine out of a mug (#college).
I sprung on a pair of these a few months back and will never go back to a tethered life. I love them and constantly swear by them when people ask about getting new headphones.
If you know someone who is struggling with the new iPhone’s configuration, a pair of these is the perfect remedy to whole “one input jack” dilemma.
The battery lasts for hours and they charge quickly. Mine get a full charge in just 30 minutes and last for more than four hours.
- Phaiser BHS-730 – “Intern Jimi pick” Great quality sound and easy to pair with any device. They are small enough to fit right in your pocket when not in use.
- Beats By Dre – Again, one of the most popular and trusted options in the headphones game. They come in a variety of styles to meet your needs.
Do your research to make sure you’re getting the right ones for the best price.
Having the proper drinking items can change the way you experience your favorite drink.
- Proper glassware: If you’re like my family, breaking a glass is a weekly occurrence. Soon, you’re down to just a few glasses that have been hiding in the back of the cupboard. The right glassware can make a big difference in the way you drink.
- Ice cube Tray: Have a proper ice cube in your glass can completely change the way your drink tastes. A big cube melts slower and doesn’t dilute the drink while chilling it.
- Cocktail baskets: Figure out what their favorite cocktail is and put together a basket that has everything they need to make it at home.
- Intern pick: Manhattan cocktail basket
- Quality growler: Growlers come in all shapes and sizes now. Some are better than others and even though it’s just a vessel for transporting beer, it can make all the difference in how the beer keeps over long periods of time.
- Favorite booze: Booze is always good. No one can be mad about getting their favorite beer, wine or liquor.
No matter who you’re buying be sure to put some thought behind the gift and get them something they will use throughout the year. Some of the best gifts I’ve gotten have been small but thoughtful items that I use constantly.