Following a 10+ year tradition, I present my annual list of bars that are open for business on Christmas Eve and Day.
Whether you’re escaping the family or meeting up with old friends in town for the holidays, there are a surprising number of options for celebratory beverages this holiday season.
Note: Do remember it is the season of giving, and those bartenders and servers don’t get your luxurious holiday hours. Please tip accordingly – oh, and remember your manners.
(It wouldn’t hurt to bring your favorite bartender or server a lottery ticket or some extra cookies, either. I took mine some treats from Calicutts Spice Co.)
- Zeroday Brewing Co. – 12-8 p.m.; releasing D.T.F. Saison
- Spring Gate Winery and Brewery — until 6 p.m.
- Note Wine Bar — open from 4-10 p.m.
- T.J. Rockwell’s – open 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. featuring holiday cocktail specials
- The Mill in Hershey – open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., serving a lunch buffet, full bar and gift card sales ($20 voucher for every $100 in gift cards purchased)
- Arooga’s 22, Downtown, 422, 11 — open from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. Kitchen closes at 8 p.m.
- Arooga’s 39, 15, 94, 124, 462 — open 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Devon Seafood Grill – open for brunch 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Fenicci’s of Hershey — open 11 a.m. to midnight
- Lancaster Brewing Co. – all locations open 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- The Millworks – open 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. with special brunch and cocktail menu, free gift wrapping
- Zembie’s – open with full kitchen through the conclusion of the Redskins game; last call at 4 p.m. with .60 regular & boneless wings, plus Vodka Red Bull pints all day
- Ted’s Bar & Grill Midtown – open regular hours
- The Brick Haus — open regular hours
- Harrisburg Midtown Arts Center — open 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.*
- Shady McGrady’s — open noon to 2 a.m.
- Brewhouse Grille — open 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Ever Grain Brewing Co. – open 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Arooga’s — All locations open at 4 p.m.; Kitchen closes at midnight.
- Zembie’s – open at 6 p.m. with $2.25 Coors Light pints and $6.50 pitchers, plus limited menus of fried foods and cold sandwiches including .60 wings till 11 p.m.
- Market Cross Pub – opens at 5 p.m.; bar only
- Ted’s Bar & Grill Midtown – open 4 p.m. to midnight with food.
- The Brick Haus — opens at 7 p.m.
- Bourbon Street Saloon — opens at 8 p.m.; $3 u-call-its 10 p.m. to midnight
- Susquehanna Ale House Downtown — open at 8 p.m.
- Mulligan’s Cafe & Courtyard — opens at 8 p.m.
- Joe K’s Brewhouse — open at 8 p.m.*
- Knock Speakeasy — opens at 8 p.m.*
- Harrisburg Midtown Arts Center — open 7 p.m. to midnight *
- Shady’s — open from noon to 2 a.m.
- Brewhouse Grille — opens at 2 p.m.
If you know of additional bars open on Christmas Eve or Day, leave them in the comments or contact me, and I’ll update the list.
* Unconfirmed at posting time. Will update when I know more.