Going For 2: Episode 16 is LIVE!
It’s a crazy time in sports, and we are here to give you all of our opinions on the current landscape.
We start with what might be the craziest beginning to an NCAA Tournament we’ve ever seen and discuss our picks on who we think will end up cutting down the nets in a few weeks.
Next up is NCAA Wrestling. Again, this tournament was extremely entertaining, and we saw Penn State hoist another national championship after a thrilling final round. Be sure to listen to what Andy has to say about the state of college wrestling going forward.
Hockey, anyone? Of course with the NHL Playoffs just weeks away, we had to take some time to examine the NHL standings. It’s a close race in the Eastern Conference for the last few spots, and the Penguins are still in the hunt for a Metro Division title.
We’ve got a new topic! Tiger Woods is on the rise and we ask the question, is Tiger back? We briefly debate this topic, but we both agree that Tiger moves the needle more than any other individual athlete in sports.
Since we’re football junkies, there was no way we were going to go an episode without talking about the NFL. The free agency period started off with a bang. We saw so many players moving and getting large contracts on an unprecedented level. Listen to see who we think won the early offseason so far.
Finally, as is a tradition on the show now, we wrap up with the one awesome thing we’ve seen in sports. Andy talks about a thrilling documentary, while Jimi makes the case for a new spring football league.
Be sure to listen and subscribe on iTunes, GooglePlay, and Tunein.
- Current Sweet 16 brackets
- UMBC makes history
- Michigan buzzer-beater
- Loyola-Chicago rises up
- Odds-on favorites
- Xavier loses in the second round
- Nevada comes back down 22
- Syracuse makes Sweet 16 as 11 seed
- Penn State wins 7th National Championship in eight years
- Final results from NCAA Tournament
- Ohio State falls just short
- Ironhead’s dramatic call
- Breaking down Bo’s win
- ACC Wrestling
- Kollin Moore goes down
- Sorrenson gets upset
- Kyle Snyder wins finals
- Current NHL standings
- Sidney Crosby’s crazy goal
- Boston Bruins getting hot
- Ryan Donato starts off hot
- Tampa Bay has what it takes to win
- Matt Murray returns to the net
- Vegas Knights still keep winning
- Nashville Predators best team in the league
- Derek Brassard heating up
NFL Free Agency
- Kirk Cousins gets his money
- Richard Sherman goes to San Francisco
- Michael Bennet makes Eagles even better
- Ndamukong Suh meets with Rams
- Jets trade up to the third pick
- Jimmy Graham goes to Green Bay
- Jordy Nelson joins the Raiders
- Allen Robinson is a Chicago Bear
- Case Keenum moves to Denver