When Harrisburg Beer Week rolls around, it tends to combine a bunch of our favorite things. We’re really proud of our signature event series, and we’re always so stoked to see the fun and inventive events that our partners and sponsors put together.
Everything we do for #HBGBeerWeek benefits our exclusive beneficiary, Harrisburg River Rescue & Emergency Services, so feel good knowing you’re enjoying #BeerForGood.
Please be sure to check out ALL the event happening over the next 2 weeks-ish on our website (Bonus: sign-up for the Harrisburg Beer Week email list, and get each day’s events delivered to your inbox daily.)
Here are some of our top picks + pro tips for navigating 2019 Harrisburg Beer Week.
#HBGBeerWeek Signature Events
Friday, April 26, 7-10 p.m.
VIP Party at Strawberry Square!
Join us for the official kick-off and sponsor thank you party for Harrisburg Beer Week! Rub shoulders with the local craft beer community, drink great craft beers donated by our sponsors and participants, and nosh on Nomad BBQ. Chill beats by DJ Cashmere.
Tickets are still available! Purchase online.
Sunday, April 28, 2-5 p.m.
Battle of the Homebrewers 2019 at Broad Street Market
The official homebrewer competition of Harrisburg Beer Week. Sample never-before-seen brews and vote for the best! More than 50 original beers available. Purchase delicious food from participating Market vendors, including The Cheesesteak Guy, Taquitos Atenco, Mel’s Rock’n BBQ, and JB Kelly Seafood!
Tickets are still available! Purchase online.
Big Bottom Brewery
Our friends at Big Bottom Brewery are serving up a handful of Harrisburg Beer Week events. Big Bottom’s big pretzel is a sure hit for kicking off your weekend on Friday, and the Dillsburg Collab Beer is a special treat brewed with local breweries-in-planning and homebrewers!
PLUS: Big Bottom will have the coveted #717Collab on tap while supplies last!
- Friday, April 26 – Pretzel Day Palooza
- Saturday, April 27 – Dillsburg Collab Beer Release + Pets on the Patio
- Monday, April 29 – Big Bottom Brewery Pint Night
- Thursday, May 2-Saint Boniface Craft Brewing Co. Tap Takeover
Greystone Brew House
Pro Tip: There’s more than one place to get local craft beer in Dillsburg, so plan accordingly! Greystone Brew House recently (like, last weekend) opened at Range End Golf Course, and it’s a beauty. They currently offer one of their own brews, the Greystone A-Roundabout IPA, and if you pop by on Tuesday, you’ll get a free Greystone glass with its purchase.
- Tuesday, April 30 –Greystone A-Roundabout IPA Glass Night + Music on the Deck
sip @ soma
Have you visited sip @ soma lately? This cozy new space in SoMa Harrisburg is hosting Pa. craft beverages on a pop-up basis (mostly 3rd in the Burgs so far), and we have two fantastic events booked for Harrisburg Beer Week!
Note: A [FREE] ticket is required due to limited seating, and events are pay-as-you-go.
- Monday, April 29 – Sip at SoMa with Shy Bear Brewing for #HBGBeerWeek
- Tuesday, April 30 –Sip at SoMa with Voodoo Brewery + Arooga’s for #HBGBeerWeek
Boneshire Brew Works
One of our Beer Week heroes is Boneshire Brew Works. The crew there have been supporters since Day 1, and they’re always flexing their creativity muscles to put together fun events and raise additional funds for our cause.
- Sunday, April 28 – Free Will Sour Sunday at Boneshire
- Tuesday, April 30 – Ladies Night Beer Release with Stouts & Stilettos!
- Wednesday, May 1 – 2nd Annual Battle for PA at Boneshire
- Thursday, May 1 –Battle of the Breweries! at Hershey Biergarten
Tattered Flag Brewery
Tattered Flag has really upped the ante this year. They’ve been working for months to put together Collab Fest! All Beer Week long, they’ll be showcasing the collaborative nature of the craft beer industry.
Participating breweries include the following:
- Miscreation Brewing Co. (Hanover, PA)
- Zeroday Brewing Co. (Harrisburg, PA)
- Hunger-N-Thirst (Lancaster, PA)
- Wolf Brewing Co. (Mechanicsburg, PA)
- The Brewery at Hershey (Hershey, PA)
- Cox Brewing Company (Elizabethtown, PA)
- Liquid Noise (Marysville, PA)
- Collusion Tap Works (York, PA)
- Snitz Creek Brewery (Lebanon, PA )
- Rotunda Brewing Co. (Annville, PA)
- Abomination Brewing Co.
- Chatty Monks Brewing Co. (West Reading, PA)
- Mount Gretna Craft Brewery (Palmyra, PA)
- Mad Chef Craft Brewing (East Petersburg, PA)
- Platt Park Brewing Co. (Denver, CO)
- Pilger Ruh Brewing (Pottsville, PA)
- Primitive Brewing Co.
A special 6-way collaboration with Wolf Brewing, Snitz Creek, Rotunda Brewing, Pilger Ruh, and Abomination also will be available!
PLUS: Add this one to your calendar!
- Wednesday, May 1 – Little Little Beer Festival 2019
Poured in PA
It was last year at this time that we at GK Visual were releasing our craft beer documentary for the first time! Since then, it’s been upgraded to “award-winning documentary,” having received a number of honors, been featured at festivals across the country, and the producers have some exciting news to share about the film’s future. Hear it here first!
- Wednesday, May 1 – Poured in PA Screening + Q&A at Midtown Cinema
BYØZ – Snag a crowler of your fave ZerØday brew beforehand, then stick around for the Q&A afterwards and hear directly from breweries features in the film!