It’s time to get creative for your dad, husband, boyfriend, son, or any other man in your life.
Stop with the same old, back-to-the-well gifts, and give them something that shows you put in some effort.
Build them a personalized gift box!
Take one of their hobbies or give them a new hobby and put it all in one ready-made package. Maybe the box is a little nudge to say “hey, it’s time to trim that beard.”
You can customize these in SO many ways. I enjoy pairing up smaller gifts that go together to create something unique.
If you don’t already have the wheels turning, here are a few to help spark some inspiration.
A Holiday Shave Box
Do you know someone who probably let No-Shave November go just a little too long?
Get them everything they need to get a clean shave.
- Harry’s Razors set (get the subscription to make sure they keep it up)
- Shaving cream – My personal fave is V76 by Vaughn
- Post-shaving toner
- Face wash
Cocktail Kit Box
A bottle of their favorite spirit might be a go-to, but this is a way to shake that up!
Put together all of the ingredients he needs to create his fave cocktail at home! Plus, don’t forget the proper glasses and ice.
- Cocktail shaker set
- Silicone ice cube tray (make those enviable huge blocks of ice)
- Favorite spirit — Keep it local with spirits from Midstate Distillery, Tattered Flag, or HOLLA Spirits
- Bitters, mixers, or other necessary ingredients
Psst … Midstate Distillery takes a lot of the work out of this with a curated list of Gift Boxes. Get a Bloody Mary, Gin Gimlet, Cold Brew Coffee, or Cinnamon Rum Infusion box set.
A Made-For-Him Box
I did something like this for the boss a few years back, and I think (read: hoped) she like the thought behind it.
Take a bunch of small items to make one big box catered to him.
Sara’s was a combo of Elementary Coffee Co. coffee beans, popcorn, some candy, an Eva.nilla gift card, and maybe one other item.
Pick his favorite snack or get him a book of crossword puzzles or similar. Throw in a small gift card to his favorite brewery or bar. Movie tix always work, too.
If your dad is like mine, he loves himself some craft beer.
This is like a good old standby. You KNOW that he’s never going to be upset about his fave beer, but this is a way to take it to the next level.
- Swag swag swag — hats, shirts, hoodies, glasses, etc.
- Growler + fill — let him take his beer home
- Limited bottle — something for the two of you to share
- 12-pack of his favorite (I wear a size 12-pack of Blizzard)
- Troegs Tour — Tröegs has a few different options, see if you can nab one of those coveted Splinter Tour spots!
What’s in your Build-Your-Own-Box creation?