Here’s to hoping your week was one with more good days than bad — I know we’re all on a rollercoaster.
My toddler is finally (finally?) starting to show fatigue of being around us boring old parents all the time, and even Paw Patrol isn’t as much of a lure. I’m going to have to start getting creative, because it seems like work is ramping up.
We’re seeing more and more food trucks in our ‘hood each week, which is cool. A local winery even did pickup and purchase alongside a food truck last night. If you’re a local winery or brewery interested in doing this, give me a shout.
- 3 Crowlers for $15 at Tattered Flag Brewery & Still Works (Thursday and Sunday)
- MCSquared Movie Club at Lunch – Zombi Child (Thursday) with Midtown Cinema
- MCsquared – movie club discussion: Crip Camp (Friday)
- Check out Midtown Cinema’s full list of on-demand films!
- Open Stage Digital Content
- Angels in America Online – Friday/Saturday/Sunday
- Storytime Theatre – 12 p.m. Thursday/Friday/Saturday
- Thank You, Ten – 7 p.m. Thursday/Friday
- #HBGBeerWeek Virtual Little Big Beer Fest (Saturday)
- Virtual Streaming Secret Sunday UNDERGROUND with Ploughman Cider
- Bikes & Beers Social Distancing Ride to support local breweries (ongoing)
- Sitting at Home Staring Out the Window – from now til eternity
- ZooAmerica is doing Virtual Zoo Visits daily with different animals (Thursday and Friday)
- If you’re missing live music, Jason Carst is doing live stream performances daily. Follow him on Facebook for updates.
- Online Educational Q&A sessions with The Burick Center for Health & Wellness (Thursday & Sunday)
- Ted’s Midtown Virtual Bingo (Thursday)
- Virtual Trivia Night! with Cassel Vineyards of Hershey (Thursday)
- Boozy Bingo Livestream with ZerØday (Thursday)
- Live with Martha Stewart and Michael Rips: The Golden Flea with Midtown Scholar Bookstore (Thursday)
- Virtual Trivia with Mount Gretna Craft Brewery (Thursday)
- Fruit Boots LIVE(stream) Good in the Dark! (Friday)
- ✓????’?： Bishop Briggs at Harrisburg, US | ●????????? (Friday)
- Virtual Happy Hour with Hbg Beer Week & Dave Heilman with Mount Gretna Craft Brewery (Friday)
- Virtual Mozzarella Class with Caputo Brothers Creamery (Friday)
- Wyndridge Farm Store Drive-Thru (Thursday/Friday/Saturday)
- Feel Your Boobies We TuTu For You! Virtual Event (Saturday)
- Cristiano Winery Wine Pick-up (Saturday)
- Stock’s on Second Facebook Live Cooking Demo at 6 p.m. (Saturday)
- Pre-order your ingredients by Thursday to follow along!
- Friends of Midtown Social Distancing Earth Day Cleanup (Saturday)
- Race Against Racism Virtual 5k (Saturday)
- 15th Annual Logan’s Run VIRTUAL 5k & Walk for Autism (Saturday)
- Dauphin County Virtual Wetlands Festival (Saturday, ongoing)
Top picks to-go/delivery
- Need wine? Click here.
- Need booze? Click here.
- Need cocktail? Yeah, I got that too.
- Brunch? For serious. Click here.
- Ways to give back
Boneshire Brew Works
4-packs and growler sales
4-7 p.m. Thursday and Friday; 12-4 p.m Saturday
Tattered Flag Brewery & Still Works
Food, to-go beer, spirits, canned cocktails – 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Appalachian Brewing Co. – Mechanicsburg
Food take-out only 4-8 p.m Monday-Thursday; 12-8 p.m. Friday-Sunday
Beer + spirits take-out only – 12-8 p.m. Daily at the Mechanicsburg location
Call 717-221-1080 to order
Take-out cider a the Taproom 12-5 p.m. Friday and Saturday
Online cider sales now available.
MoMo BBQ Co.
Open for take-out and limited delivery, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Family meals available. View menus on Facebook.
R.G. Hummer Meats & Cheese
OPEN during Broad Street Market Hours (See more below)
Shop in-person or Call-ahead pre-orders 717-232-4150
Open for take-out and limited call-in delivery
Call 717-216-8754 or use GrubHub
Broad Street Market
Open mostly normal hours; limited customer entry; some vendors closed – BUT – many offering online delivery
- Raising the Bar Bakery – delivery available; order online
- Sweet717 – delivery available; order online (local delivery is free!)
- JB Kelly Seafood – open normal hours; delivery available
- Radish & Rye – curbside pickup ONLY – Tuesday-Sunday
- Full list of open vendors – Check individual stores/retailers for online/curbside/delivery options
7 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily for carryout
Limited food menu available
There are MANY restaurants doing pick-up/delivery — check-in with your favorites.
Culture + Chill
Check out our Culture Vulture series – ways to experience life outside while, ahem, inside.
- Where/what to eat + drink
- Virtual entertainment/digital programming
- Other local shopping options
Purchase a gift card or renew your membership now to keep them going, then reap the benefits of your purchase once they reopen!
Secure a future movie night for two – with two tickets, two small popcorns, two small sodas, and two bags of candy!
Shop online via Etsy
All local orders free pickup or free delivery (over $35)
Save 25% off your purchase of 2 or more items online, plus look for flash sales
Stay home + stay healthy!