Hey hey, you might not know it, but IT’S THE WEEKEND (almost, I mean I guess it depends).
For your Friday (TOMORROW), plan ahead and go get some of Tröegs new Perpetual Beer Cheese (find it at Tröegs, Giant, or Caputo Brothers Creamery). Then grab your fave beer, then logon to our Virtual Happy Hour at 5 p.m. (Friday) to hear from Tröegs and Caputo Brothers and Pennsylvania’s own Madam Fromage to taste and enjoy the cheese. Oh, I’ll be moderating! Mostly eating cheese and drinking beer, tho.
Otherwise weekend includes: garden + plant things + burgers on the grill. THAT’S IT! Ya know, besides laundry, cooking, cleaning, work, and toddler wrangling. CHEERS!
- Virtual Perpetual Beer Cheese Tasting with Tröegs + Caputo Brothers Creamy (Friday)
- Weekend Chicken Smoke Out at Appalachian Brewing Co. Mechanicsburg (Preorder Thursday; pick-up Saturday)
- 3 Crowlers for $15 at Tattered Flag Brewery & Still Works (Thursday and Sunday)
- Check out Midtown Cinema’s full list of on-demand films!
- Open Stage Digital Content
- Storytime Theatre – 12 p.m. Thursday/Friday/Saturday
- Thank You, Ten – 7 p.m. Thursday/Friday
- Bikes & Beers Social Distancing Ride to support local breweries (ongoing)
- Sitting at Home Staring Out the Window – from now til eternity
- ZooAmerica is doing Virtual Zoo Visits daily with different animals (Thursday and Friday)
- If you’re missing live music, Jason Carst is doing live stream performances daily. Follow him on Facebook for updates.
- Wyndridge Farm Store Drive-Thru (Thursday/Friday/Saturday)
- Ted’s Midtown Virtual Trivia (Thursday)
- Three Little Birds Boutique Virtual Happy Hour (Thursday)
- Virtual Happy Hour with Mount Gretna Craft Brewery (Friday)
- Creative Outlet with HBG Flea (through May 17)
- Socially Distant Self-Guided Mural Tour of Harrisburg with Sprocket Mural Works (Daily)
- Live with Elizabeth Shackelford: The Dissent Channel with Midtown Scholar Bookstore (Thursday)
- 3rd Annual Joggin’ 4 the Noggin 5k Run/Walk – Virtual (Saturday)
- Wine and BBQ To-Go w/Blazing Swine with Cassel Vineyards of Hershey (Saturday)
- Cristiano Winery Wine Pick-up (Saturday)
- Stock’s on Second Facebook Live Cooking Demo at 6 p.m. (Saturday)
- Pre-order your ingredients by Thursday to follow along!
- Dauphin County Virtual Wetlands Festival (Saturday, ongoing)
Top picks to-go/delivery
- Need wine? Click here.
- Need booze? Click here.
- Need beer? Click here.
- Need cocktail? Yeah, I got that too.
- Brunch? For serious. Click here.
- Wait, what about coffee, kombucha, tea, juice? Got you!
- Find Carry-Out options here
- Ways to give back
Boneshire Brew Works
4-packs and growler sales
4-7 p.m. Thursday and Friday; 12-4 p.m Saturday
Tattered Flag Brewery & Still Works
Food, to-go beer, spirits, canned cocktails – 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Appalachian Brewing Co. – Mechanicsburg
Food take-out only 4-8 p.m Monday-Thursday; 12-8 p.m. Friday-Sunday
Beer + spirits take-out only – 12-8 p.m. Daily at the Mechanicsburg location
Call 717-221-1080 to order
Take-out cider a the Taproom 12-5 p.m. Friday and Saturday
Online cider sales now available.
MoMo BBQ Co.
Open for take-out and limited delivery, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Family meals available. View menus on Facebook.
R.G. Hummer Meats & Cheese
OPEN during Broad Street Market Hours (See more below)
Shop in-person or Call-ahead pre-orders 717-232-4150
Open for take-out and limited call-in delivery
Call 717-216-8754 or use GrubHub
Broad Street Market
Open mostly normal hours; limited customer entry; some vendors closed – BUT – many offering online delivery
- Raising the Bar Bakery – delivery available; order online
- Sweet717 – delivery available; order online (local delivery is free!)
- JB Kelly Seafood – open normal hours; delivery available
- Radish & Rye – curbside pickup ONLY – Tuesday-Sunday
- Full list of open vendors – Check individual stores/retailers for online/curbside/delivery options
7 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily for carryout
Limited food menu available
There are more and more restaurants doing pick-up/delivery — check-in with your favorites.
Culture + Chill
Check out our Culture Vulture series – ways to experience life outside while, ahem, inside.
Purchase a gift card or renew your membership now to keep them going, then reap the benefits of your purchase once they reopen!
Secure a future movie night for two – with two tickets, two small popcorns, two small sodas, and two bags of candy!
Shop online via Etsy
All local orders free pickup or free delivery (over $35)
Save 25% off your purchase of 2 or more items online, plus look for flash sales
Stay home + stay healthy!