Buying local, shopping local at Harrisburg area Farmers Markets.
Our area is rich with Pennsylvania agriculture, and those producers are in full display at many year-round and seasonal farmers markets. Be sure to check hours for these markets, as they are all different and may vary per season. Similarly, vendors may change from week to week, depending on the market — but that makes it all the more fun! Meeting new-to-you Pennsylvania farmers and makers is part of the joy of exploring any market.
The greater Harrisburg area has no shortage of Farmers Markets, no matter the season. Our favorites include Broad Street Market in Harrisburg (read my guide here) and West Shore Farmers Market. Central Market Lancaster is a must, and Green Dragon Farmers Market in Ephrata is on my next-to-visit list!
- Broad Street Market – Harrisburg
- West Shore Farmers Market – Lemoyne
- Central Market Lancaster – Lancaster
- Central Market York – York
- Penn Market – York
- The New Eastern Market – York
- Green Dragon Farmers Market – Ephrata
- Roots Market – Manheim
These markets come with spring and close during winter, but each is packed with great vendors. Some even offer live music and other perks!
- Market on Market – Camp Hill – *NEW* – Read more here
- Adams-Ricci Farmers Market – Enola
- Dillsburg Farmers Market – Dillsburg
- Farmers on the Square – Carlisle
- Market on Chocolate – Hershey
- New Cumberland Market on 4th – New Cumberland
- Open Air Farmers Market – Harrisburg
- Lititz Weekly Farmers Market – Lititz
- Coexist Farmers Market – Steelton
Artisan + Craft Markets around Harrisburg
You are likely to find some non-food vendors at the markets above. However, if you’re looking for shopping from local craft and artisan vendors, you’ll want to check out these events. HBG Flea is an absolute favorite — hosted first Saturday of the month outside at Midtown Cinema in the warmer months, and inside Strawberry Square during fall and winter.
- Root’s Flea Market – Manheim
- HBG Flea – Harrisburg
- Forty Elephants Vintage & Handmade Market – Lancaster; pop-ups vary throughout the area
What are your favorite area markets? Let me know! We’ll be adding a directory soon!