Harrisburg Book Festival is back at Midtown Scholar Bookstore Oct. 6-10. The multi-day fest features book sales, author chats, speakers and more online and in-store.
The ninth annual Harrisburg Book Festival hosted by Midtown Scholar Bookstore celebrates the power of storytelling and aims to amplify and promote literation for all ages while growing its community of readers, writers, and lifelong learners in Harrisburg.
Like last year, this year’s events will be virtual (Zoom and Facebook Live, then archived on YouTube).
2021 Harrisburg Book Festival Events
- Kate Johnson in conversation with Sharon Salzberg: Radical Friendship kicks off the festival at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 5.
- On Wednesday, join TJ Klune in conversation with Kathryn Budig: Under the Whispering Door at 7 p.m.
- Monica Byrne in conversation with Helene Wecker: The Actual Star is at 7 p.m. Thursday.
- Friday evening, take in Keisha N. Blain in conversation with Damon Young: Until I Am Free.
- (Oh hey, this is me) Saturday afternoon, watch Cecily Wong in conversation with Sara Bozich: Gastro Obscura at 4 p.m.
- Howard French in conversation with Todd Allen: Born in Blackness wraps up Sunday.
- Bonus event on Thursday, Oct. 14: Bob Woodward with Robert Costa: Peril at 7 p.m.
Outdoor Tent Sale
The Outdoor Tent Sale is one of the biggest draws of the Harrisburg Book Festival. It runs from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 6 through Sunday, Oct. 10 in the grass lot at 3rd and Verbeke Sts., across from the bookstore.
Under the giant 30’x60′ tent, find 10,000+ titles at bargain book prices. Every genre — fiction, general nonfiction, art, and children’s books. All are individually priced starting at $1.